👋🏼 Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I’m a software engineer, founder, and videographer. My goal in life is to bring joy to the people around me by crafting beautiful, delightful and useful products with well-designed and well-written software.
- 💼 I’ve worked at many tech companies over the years. You can check out my Work History.
- 💸 I’m passionate about personal finance and investing, so much so that I built a company around it.
- 🤝 I love meeting other founders. You can read a little more about me on YC’s co-founder matching platform here.
- 🐒 I write code in public sometimes.
- 📷 I shoot weddings with my lovely wife. Mostly video, sometimes photos too.
- 🏰 I’m the groundskeeper of a French chateau style wedding venue in Oregon. Get in touch if you’re looking to elope!
- 🍿 I adore movies. I track and rate the movies I watch here.
- 🎲 I also love board games! You can find my collection here.
- 👨🏼💻 I used to be a competitive programmer, and was part of the team representing UT Austin in the ACM ICPC World Finals in Shanghai in 2005. We were one of the 78 final teams out of over 4,000 teams from all over the world!
- 🌎 I was born and raised in China, but spent the majority of my teenage and adult life in the US, mostly in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest.
- 🧗🏼♂️ Other things that I enjoy: Hacker News, rock climbing, virtual reality, home automation to name a few.
- 🧠 I have a condition where I can’t picture things. It’s both a blessing and a curse!